Understanding antique ships and their life is how to know about the history of their era. With the deep love to legend ships, and the passion to models building that is also her family’s handicraft tradition, Ms. Ha Tran, the shop owner, has researched about their structure, characteristics as well as their history to imitate the model ships.
Among a range of souvenirs shops selling diverse products of lanterns, sandals, pottery,… in the ancient town, Hoi An Craftships is seen as a highlight through the uniqueness of products made by skillful hands of craftsmen.
|Product name||ROYAL LOUIS|
|Specification||109L x 24W x 89H (cm)
43L x 9.45W x 35H (inch)
|Price||Please contact us for best price|
The 20th Century
The Royal Louis was a first-rate 116-gun ship of the line of the Royal French Navy, built in 1757-59 by Jacques-Luc Coulomb at Brest. She was the fourth ship to bear the name, and the only ship of the Sans-Pareil design ever built.
In 1771, when in dry dock, she was damaged beyond repair and eventually demolished in 1772.
Our model represents the Royal Louis according to the plans of 1779, when she was Admiral-Ship of the Blue and White Squadron, being part of the American Squadron, also called Earl d’Estaings
Highlights about ROYAL LOUIS model ship:
· Our model ship is entirely handmade by skilled and experienced craftsmen, using the plank on frame construction method
· Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
· Anchors, guns, decorations, and other intricate details sculpted of metal
· Meticulously sewn sails, keep shape and do not wrinkle
· Use high-quality wood such as rosewood, ebony, black wood, mahogany wood.... all will go through processing step pre-construction.
· Royal Louis model ships are build according to scale through original plans drawings and paintings as well as actual photographs ensures the highest possible accuracy.
Established in 1999 with a workshop manufacturing ship models for exporting, Tan Phu Giao Co., Ltd. have based a first and exclusive store in Hoi An in 2009. Since thatRead more
The list was ranged by The People"s Committee of Hoi An City every 2 years.Read more