Understanding antique ships and their life is how to know about the history of their era. With the deep love to legend ships, and the passion to models building that is also her family’s handicraft tradition, Ms. Ha Tran, the shop owner, has researched about their structure, characteristics as well as their history to imitate the model ships.
Among a range of souvenirs shops selling diverse products of lanterns, sandals, pottery,… in the ancient town, Hoi An Craftships is seen as a highlight through the uniqueness of products made by skillful hands of craftsmen.
|Product name||Titanic 40 (with light)|
|Specification||42L x 8W x 23H (cm)
16.5L x 3W x 9H (inch)
|Price||Please contact us for best price|
The 20th century
The Titanic was the most luxurious ship, lavishly decorated and equipped to welcome and comfort even the wealthiest of travelers. Her total construction cost with all of her modern technology and luxury was $7.3 million, a large sum for the year 1912. On her maiden voyage, she attracted an impressive roster of internationally known names. Her 329 first-class passengers had an aggregate wealth exceeding $500 million!
This luxurious and awe-inspiring ship was believed by many to be unsinkable. Called a lifeboat in itself; she was designed to remain afloat with any two of three compartments flooded and to withstand a collision at the joint of any two compartments.
She only carried 20 lifeboats, which at this time met the requirements of The British Board of regulations. No cruise liners carried enough lifeboats to evacuate all the passengers and crew in this era.
On April 14, 1912 four days after setting sail from Southampton, the Titanic struck an iceberg. More than two of her compartments were punctured and the unsinkable ship began to sink. Three hours after striking the iceberg, the Titanic plummeted to the bottom of the ocean loosing 1502 lives. The R.M.S. Carpathia rescued the 705 survivors transporting them to New York, the Titanic intended destination.
Highlights about this Titanic model ship:
· This model boat is entirely handmade by skilled and experienced craftsmen, using the plank on frame construction method
· No kits are use
· All windows and portholes exactly sized and positioned according to the original construction plans
· Historically accurate design and detailing of superstructure and hull
· Meticulous painting to accurately match the actual.
· Use high-quality wood such as rosewood, ebony, black wood, mahogany wood...., timbers are after process step of pre-construction.
· The Titanic model boat is built on scale by the original plan, then drawn up and painted by actual photographs to ensure the best accuracy.
· Using 220-240V electricity plug for lights.
Established in 1999 with a workshop manufacturing ship models for exporting, Tan Phu Giao Co., Ltd. have based a first and exclusive store in Hoi An in 2009. Since thatRead more
The list was ranged by The People"s Committee of Hoi An City every 2 years.Read more