Understanding antique ships and their life is how to know about the history of their era. With the deep love to legend ships, and the passion to models building that is also her family’s handicraft tradition, Ms. Ha Tran, the shop owner, has researched about their structure, characteristics as well as their history to imitate the model ships.
Among a range of souvenirs shops selling diverse products of lanterns, sandals, pottery,… in the ancient town, Hoi An Craftships is seen as a highlight through the uniqueness of products made by skillful hands of craftsmen.
|Product name||AMERIGO VESPUCCI|
|Specification||97L x 18W x 68H (cm)
38L x 7W x 27H (inch)
|Price||Please contact us for best price|
The 20th Century
The Amerigo Vespucci is a tall ship of the Marina Militare, named after the explorer Amerigo Vespucci.
She is the second one of 2 school ships designed on inspiration by the style of large late 18th century 74-cannon ships of the line. She was built in 1930, launched on February 22, 1931 and put into service in July of that year.
During World War II, most of her training cruises are in European waters, but she has also sailed to North and South America, and navigated the Pacific. In 2002, she undertook a voyage around the world.
The Amerigo Vespucci often takes part in sailing parades and Tall Ships' Races, where she is in amicable rivalry
with the Gorch Fock. When she is berthed in port, public tours of the vessel are usually offered.
Highlights about this Amerigo Vespucci model ship:
• This model ship is entirely handmade by skilled and experienced craftsmen, using the plank on frame construction method
• No kits are use
• Anchors, guns, decorations, and other intricate details sculpted of metal
• Meticulously sewn sails, keep the sails from wrinkle
• Use high-quality wood such as rosewood, ebony, black wood, mahogany wood...., timbers are after process step of pre-construction.
• This Amerigo Vespucci model ship is built on scale by the original plan, then drawn up and painted by actual photographs to ensure the best accuracy.
Thanh Ha Pottery Village ticket price to changeRead more
Hoi An and Hue listed in "12 Amazing Asian Cities You Should Visit Before You Die"Read more
Established in 1999 with a workshop manufacturing ship models for exporting, Tan Phu Giao Co., Ltd. have based a first and exclusive store in Hoi An in 2009. Since thatRead more
The list was ranged by The People"s Committee of Hoi An City every 2 years.Read more