Understanding antique ships and their life is how to know about the history of their era. With the deep love to legend ships, and the passion to models building that is also her family’s handicraft tradition, Ms. Ha Tran, the shop owner, has researched about their structure, characteristics as well as their history to imitate the model ships.
Among a range of souvenirs shops selling diverse products of lanterns, sandals, pottery,… in the ancient town, Hoi An Craftships is seen as a highlight through the uniqueness of products made by skillful hands of craftsmen.
|Product name||FRANCE II|
|Specification||78L x 25W x 55H (cm)
30.7L x 9.84W x 21.65H (inch)
|Price||Please contact us for best price|
The 19th century
The France II was a French sailing ship and the second one of that name. She was the second largest commercial merchant sailing ship ever built.
Built in 1911 at the yards ("Chantiers et Ateliers de la Gironde") located on the banks of the river Garonne in Bordeaux to the plans of chief designer Gustave Leverne (1861–1940) for the nickel ore trade and was owned by the "Société Anonyme des Navires Mixtes (Prentout-Leblond, Leroux & Cie.)".
In 1915 she was sold to Leroux-Henzey of Rouen and sold again in 1916 to the "Compagnie Française de Marine et de Commerce" ("French Company of Marine and Trade") also of Rouen, her port of registry remained the same.
In the night of July 12, 1922 she went aground on the Teremba reef (Urai bay) north west to the Ouano reef, nearly 60 nm north west of Nouméa, New Caledonia, homeward bound to Europe with a cargo of chrome ore from Pouembout. Because of fallen cargo rates her owner refused to pay to tow her free from the Ouano reef by a tug boat which was absolutely possible. In 1944, American bombers bombed the wreckage for target practice.
Highlights about this France II model ship:
• This model ship is entirely handmade by skilled and experienced craftsmen, using the plank on frame construction method
• Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
• Anchors, guns, decorations, and other intricate details sculpted of metal
• Meticulously sewn sails, keep the sails from wrinkle
• Use high-quality wood such as rosewood, ebony, black wood, mahogany wood...., timbers are after process step of pre-construction.
• TheFrance II model ships are built on scale by the original plan, then drawn up and painted by actual photographs to ensure the best accuracy.
Schedule of the 6th Quang Nam heritage festival 2017Read more
Established in 1999 with a workshop manufacturing ship models for exporting, Tan Phu Giao Co., Ltd. have based a first and exclusive store in Hoi An in 2009. Since thatRead more
The list was ranged by The People"s Committee of Hoi An City every 2 years.Read more