Understanding antique ships and their life is how to know about the history of their era. With the deep love to legend ships, and the passion to models building that is also her family’s handicraft tradition, Ms. Ha Tran, the shop owner, has researched about their structure, characteristics as well as their history to imitate the model ships.
Among a range of souvenirs shops selling diverse products of lanterns, sandals, pottery,… in the ancient town, Hoi An Craftships is seen as a highlight through the uniqueness of products made by skillful hands of craftsmen.
|Product name||LADY WASHINGTON|
|Specification||90L x 28W x 78H cm
35,4L x 11W x 30,7H (inch)
|Price||Please contact us for best price|
The 20th century
Launched on March 7, 1989, the Lady Washington was built in Aberdeen, Wash. By Grays Harbor Historical Seaport Authority, not-for-profit public development authority.
In 1787, after the war, she was given a major refit to prepare her for a unprecedented trading voyage around Cape Horn.
In 1788, she became the first Ameracan vessel to make landfall on the west coast of North America. Lady Washington opened the black pearl & sandalwood trade between Hawaii & Asia when King Kamehameha became a partner in the ship. She was launched as part of the 1989 Washington State Centennial celebration.
The new Lady Washington is a U.S.Coast Guard inspected and certified passenger sailing vessel.
Highlights about LADY WASHINGTON model ship:
• This model ship is entirely handmade by skilled and experienced craftsmen, using the plank on frame construction method
• Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
• Anchors, guns, decorations, and other intricate details sculpted of metal
• Meticulously sewn sails, keep the sails from wrinkle
• Use high-quality wood such as rosewood, ebony, black wood, mahogany wood...., timbers are after process step of pre-construction.
• The Lady Washington model ships are built on scale by the original plan, then drawn up and painted by actual photographs to ensure the best accuracy.
Hoi An and Hue listed in "12 Amazing Asian Cities You Should Visit Before You Die"Read more
Established in 1999 with a workshop manufacturing ship models for exporting, Tan Phu Giao Co., Ltd. have based a first and exclusive store in Hoi An in 2009. Since thatRead more
The list was ranged by The People"s Committee of Hoi An City every 2 years.Read more