Understanding antique ships and their life is how to know about the history of their era. With the deep love to legend ships, and the passion to models building that is also her family’s handicraft tradition, Ms. Ha Tran, the shop owner, has researched about their structure, characteristics as well as their history to imitate the model ships.
Among a range of souvenirs shops selling diverse products of lanterns, sandals, pottery,… in the ancient town, Hoi An Craftships is seen as a highlight through the uniqueness of products made by skillful hands of craftsmen.
|Product name||Sanfelipe 50 new (Red)|
|Specification||63L x 21W x 55H (cm)
25L x 8.5W x 21.5 (inch)
|Price||Please contact us for best price|
The 17th century
The San Felipe Launched in 1690, was one of the most beautiful Spanish ships of the 17th century.
Her slim profile and wide spread of sail bestowed great maneuverability and agility. She established herself very quickly as her impressive record in the first 4 years of service made her the flagship of the famous Spanish Armanda. Under the command of Commodore Enrique MacDonnell, San Felipe was armed to take on the mightiest ships in the French and British navies.
San Felipe held a very active major role in the war against Britain and France. In 1705, she participated in a furious and heroic battle between 12 Spanish ships and 35 British ships. After 24 hours of furious battle, she was captured but was so badly damaged and went to the bottom with several tons of gold.
Highlights about this San Felipe model ship:
• This model ship is entirely handmade by skilled and experienced craftsmen, using the plank on frame construction method
• No kits are use
• Anchors, guns, decorations, and other intricate details sculpted of metal
• Meticulously sewn sails, keep shape and do not wrinkle
• Use high-quality wood such as rosewood, ebony, black wood, mahogany wood.... all will go through processing step pre-construction.
• This San Felipe model ships are build according to scale through original plans, drawings and paintings as well as actual photographs ensures the highest possible accuracy.
Hoi An and Hue listed in "12 Amazing Asian Cities You Should Visit Before You Die"Read more
Established in 1999 with a workshop manufacturing ship models for exporting, Tan Phu Giao Co., Ltd. have based a first and exclusive store in Hoi An in 2009. Since thatRead more
The list was ranged by The People"s Committee of Hoi An City every 2 years.Read more