Understanding antique ships and their life is how to know about the history of their era. With the deep love to legend ships, and the passion to models building that is also her family’s handicraft tradition, Ms. Ha Tran, the shop owner, has researched about their structure, characteristics as well as their history to imitate the model ships.
Among a range of souvenirs shops selling diverse products of lanterns, sandals, pottery,… in the ancient town, Hoi An Craftships is seen as a highlight through the uniqueness of products made by skillful hands of craftsmen.
|Product name||De Zeven Provincien|
|Specification||87L x 31W x 83H (cm)
34L x 12.2W x 33H (inch)
|Price||Please contact us for best price|
DE ZEVEN PROVINCIEN
The 17th century
DE ZEVEN PROVINCIEN was a Dutch ship of the line, originally armed with 80 guns. The name of the ship refers to the seven autonomous provinces that made up the Dutch Republic in the 17th century. The vessel was built in 1664-1665 for the Admiralty of de Maze in Rotterdam by the master shipbuilder Salomon Jansz van den Tempel.
She participated in the Second and the Third Anglo-Dutch War, and took part in the Dutch’s victory at the Four Days Fight. The vessel was severely damaged during the War of the Grand Alliance and, in 1694, De Zeven Provinciën had to be broken up.
In 1995, a full-size replica of the ship was started at the Batavia-werf (docks) in Lelystad; but due to severe technical problems, that work was completely wrecked. In 2008, a new replica began to be constructed.
Highlights about De Zeven Provincien model ship:
• This model ship is entirely handmade by skilled and experienced craftsmen, using the plank on frame construction method
• No kits are use
• Anchors, guns, decorations, and other intricate details sculpted of metal
• Meticulously sewn sails, keep the sails from wrinkl
• Use high-quality wood such as rosewood, ebony, black wood, mahogany wood...., timbers are after process step of pre-construction.
• The Zeven Provincien model ship is built on scale by the original plan, then drawn up and painted by actual photographs to ensure the best accuracy.
Hoi An and Hue listed in "12 Amazing Asian Cities You Should Visit Before You Die"Read more
Established in 1999 with a workshop manufacturing ship models for exporting, Tan Phu Giao Co., Ltd. have based a first and exclusive store in Hoi An in 2009. Since thatRead more
The list was ranged by The People"s Committee of Hoi An City every 2 years.Read more