Understanding antique ships and their life is how to know about the history of their era. With the deep love to legend ships, and the passion to models building that is also her family’s handicraft tradition, Ms. Ha Tran, the shop owner, has researched about their structure, characteristics as well as their history to imitate the model ships.
Among a range of souvenirs shops selling diverse products of lanterns, sandals, pottery,… in the ancient town, Hoi An Craftships is seen as a highlight through the uniqueness of products made by skillful hands of craftsmen.
|Specification||100L x 34W x 83H (cm)
39.3L x 13.38W x 32.6H (inch)
|Price||Please contact us for best price|
The 19th century
Ordered in 1895, the Belem was delivered to her shipowners on July 30th, 1896. She was especially created to transport cocoa and sugar from Brazin and the West Indies to Nantes, France. The boat was sold to the duke of Westminster, on February 11th, 1914. The Belem undergoes profound changes to be convenient for its new vocation: big luxury yacht. September, 1921, after less than 4 years of navigation in the colours of the duke of Westminster. The boat is renamed the Fantome II.
Following the death of Ernest Guinness 1939 & the Second World War, the vessel was laid up in the island of Wight. The Fantome II is bought in 1952 by the italian foundation Cini to serve as its training ship. 1980 to now, the French three masted training ship Belem.
Highlights about BELEM model ship:
· Our model ship is entirely handmade by skilled and experienced craftsmen, using the plank on frame construction method
· Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
· Anchors, guns, decorations, and other intricate details sculpted of metal
· Meticulously sewn sails, keep shape and do not wrinkle
· Use high-quality wood such as rosewood, ebony, black wood, mahogany wood.... all will go through processing step pre-construction.
· Belem model ships are build according to scale through original plans, drawings and paintings as well as actual photographs ensures the highest possible accuracy.
Thanh Ha Pottery Village ticket price to changeRead more
Hoi An and Hue listed in "12 Amazing Asian Cities You Should Visit Before You Die"Read more
Established in 1999 with a workshop manufacturing ship models for exporting, Tan Phu Giao Co., Ltd. have based a first and exclusive store in Hoi An in 2009. Since thatRead more
The list was ranged by The People"s Committee of Hoi An City every 2 years.Read more